- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup cola, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15)
- 6 tablespoons French salad dressing, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 1/4 cup cola, cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons salad dressing, Parmesan cheese and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 3/4-in. thick patties (the mixture will be moist).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining cola and salad dressing; set aside.
- Grill patties, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with cola mixture. Grill 8-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting and turning occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cola Burgers
"Delicious flavor, held together well when cooked!"
"Loved them we used Root beer"
"I pan fried these on the stove and found that the added salad dressing really makes the fat build up and I had to drain them twice before I brushed with the sauce. They are probably better grilled, but will watch for flare-ups. Good flavor, though."
"I make these burgers all the time - my picky grandkids really love these burgers and they don't taste like left over hamburger the next day - I double the recipe for special occassions like birthdays and family gatherings - I make ahead, freeze and we take them camping - always a hit!"
"burgers are fantastic. they don't crack or seperate when cooked"