A friend who's an excellent cook shared this hamburger recipe with me, and it has since become a family favorite. The unusual combination of cola and French salad dressing added to the ground beef gives it fabulous flavor. The mixture is also used as a basting sauce on the moist burgers. -Melva Baumer, Millmont, Pennsylvania
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup cola, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15)
- 6 tablespoons French salad dressing, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 1/4 cup cola, cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons salad dressing, Parmesan cheese and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 3/4-in. thick patties (the mixture will be moist).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining cola and salad dressing; set aside.
- Grill patties, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with cola mixture. Grill 8-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting and turning occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cola Burgers in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p31
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cola Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review