- 1 cup cola
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Reserve 3/4 cup for serving.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°, basting occasionally with remaining sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve chicken with rice and reserved sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cola BBQ Chicken
"This was a very tasty and different dish. I have to admit that I was skeptical when I first mixed all of the sauce ingredients together. Before it simmered, the flavor combination was strange at best to me. Once it boils and all comes together though, it really is delicious. Definitely a transformation that I'm glad I was patient with! I will make this again."
"Excellent flavor and easy."