- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke, optional
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper and liquid smoke if desired; rub over ribs.
- Layer ribs and onion in a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; pour cola over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until ribs are tender. Drain liquid. Pour sauce over ribs and cook 1 hour longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cola Barbecue Ribs
Sort By :
"Will try using boneless ribs next time. Flavor is great!"
"easy to make great flavor"
"I can't see someone eating a pound of spareribs so I cut the servings in half so I'm thinking there are 8 servings in this recipe.I used the calculator at www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator and came up with the following: 775 Calories, 30 g Carbs, 54 g Fat, 39 g Protein, 953 mg Sodium, 27 g Sugar. Now, before you freak out, please keep in mind that this INCLUDES you snarfing down all the sauce that comes with your serving of ribs. If you just have the ribs and don't guzzle down your serving of sauce, the calorie count probably goes down by 100-150 calories, and nevermind how much fat, sodium, sugars and carbs you cut back on by not guzzling down the sauce."
"Delicious BBQ, tender meat. Boneless ribs were used for this recipe which cut down cooking time by 2 hours. Pleased my fussy eater, who asked for seconds."
"have not tried looks like a delicious no fail recipe"