Enjoy the smoky goodness of a summer barbecue all year long by preparing these moist and tender ribs, inclement weather or not.—Karen Shuck, Edgar, Nebraska
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke, optional
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper and, if desired, liquid smoke; rub over ribs.
- Layer ribs and onion in a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; pour cola over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until ribs are tender. Drain liquid. Pour sauce over ribs and cook 1 hour longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cola Barbecue Ribs in Country Woman February/March 2011, p37
Reviews for Cola Barbecue Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review