Cola Barbecue Ribs
Enjoy the smoky goodness of a summer barbecue all year long by preparing these moist and tender ribs, inclement weather or not.—Karen Shuck, Edgar, Nebraska
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 9 hours
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke, optional
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper and
- liquid smoke if desired; rub over ribs.
- Layer ribs and onion in a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; pour cola
- over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until ribs are
- tender. Drain liquid. Pour sauce over ribs and cook 1 hour longer.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without Liquid Smoke) equals 999 calories, 66 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 255 mg cholesterol, 1,650 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 64 g protein.