Cola Barbecue Ribs Recipe
Enjoy the smoky goodness of a summer barbecue all year long by preparing these moist and tender ribs, inclement weather or not.—Karen Shuck, Edgar, Nebraska
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke, optional
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper and liquid smoke if desired; rub over ribs.
- 2. Layer ribs and onion in a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; pour cola over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until ribs are tender. Drain liquid. Pour sauce over ribs and cook 1 hour longer. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without Liquid Smoke) equals 999 calories, 66 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 255 mg cholesterol, 1,650 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 64 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC