These taste like my favorite coffee house drink in cookie form. They're crispy outside, but soft in the middle. —Angela Spengler, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons hot caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons dark roast instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, ice cream topping and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, coffee granules, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets; freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, bake frozen cookies as directed, increasing time by 1-2 minutes. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cafe Mocha Cookies in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Reviews for Coffeehouse Caramel-Dark Chocolate-Latte Cookie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review