- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons hot caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons dark roast instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, ice cream topping and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, coffee granules, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets; freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, bake frozen cookies as directed, increasing time by 1-2 minutes. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Coffeehouse Caramel-Dark Chocolate-Latte Cookie
"This is a fantastic re-invention of a classic chocolate chip cookie. The caramel sauce and instant coffee give them such a rich flavor. The coffee is subtle enough so that it's not overpowering, but distinct enough that you know it's there. These are perfectly different. I'm definitely making these again!"
"Perfect recipe. The cookies came out soft and chewy and the flavor was great!"
"These are so uniquely delicious."
"Yummo! Very soft and delicious!"