These taste like my favorite coffee house drink in cookie form. They're crispy outside, but soft in the middle. —Angela Spengler, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons hot caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons dark roast instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, ice cream topping and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, coffee granules, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets; freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, bake frozen cookies as directed, increasing time by 1-2 minutes. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cafe Mocha Cookies in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Reviews for Coffeehouse Caramel-Dark Chocolate-Latte Cookie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2015
"Perfect recipe. The cookies came out soft and chewy and the flavor was great!"
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2015
"These are so uniquely delicious."
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2014
"Yummo! Very soft and delicious!"