Coffee Whip Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 6-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and additional instant coffee granules, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in coffee. Add marshmallows; cook for 5-6 minutes over low heat until marshmallows are melted, stirring occasionally. Pour into a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into marshmallow mixture. Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with whipped cream and additional coffee granules if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 233 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Coffee Whip Dessert
"Just made this dessert for Mother's Day tomorrow, took a taste, and it is really good! Very creamy, sweet and rich, with a nice mellow (or should I say mallow?) coffee flavor!"
"This is such an incredible coffee marshmallow taste! when I tasted it, I could only describe it as heavenly! I don't do it alone, though. I put it as the top layer of a sundae type dessert because I like my desserts to be crunchy and have bits. This is like a mousse."
"This dessert was insane. I made it for my 10 year old brother, who will only eat food from a restaraunt. It was awsome out of 1 to 5, I give it 1... thousand! If you let the finished dessert set in the fridge for 12 hours, it becomes like a pudding. I love it. The first time anyone in my house tried it they said "WOW!" I agree with them."