Coffee Whip Dessert
Field editor Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington shares her luscious Coffee Whip Dessert, a smooth and creamy finale fit for everyday meals or even special occasions ...and it takes just minutes to prepare!
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 6-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and additional instant coffee granules, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat;
- stir in coffee. Add marshmallows; cook for 5-6 minutes over low heat
- until marshmallows are melted, stirring occasionally. Pour into a
- large bowl; cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into
- marshmallow mixture. Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with whipped
- cream and additional coffee granules if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 233 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.