- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5-3/4 to 6-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, 1/4 cup butter, salt and 4 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle; spread with remaining butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- Cut each roll into 12 slices. Place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in sour cream and vanilla. Spoon over rolls.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto serving platters. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Coffee Time Rolls in Country Extra March 2008, p51
Reviews for Coffee Time Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review