Coffee Stirrer Sticks Recipe
As a holiday novelty, it's hard to lick this lollipop for grown-ups! It doubles as a coffee stirrer, and it makes a special party favor or stocking stuffer.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 wooden lollipop or craft sticks
- Plastic wrap
- Red and green ribbons
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, coffee, corn syrup, cocoa and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage), about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Immediately stir in vanilla, then pour into a greased 2-cup heat-proof glass measuring cup. Working quickly, pour tablespoonfuls into circles on a greased baking sheet and lay a stick in each circle. Allow to cool until hardened. When cooled, wrap with plastic wrap and tie with ribbon. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 70 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Coffee Stirrer Sticks
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC