As a holiday novelty, it's hard to lick this lollipop for grown-ups! It doubles as a coffee stirrer, and it makes a special party favor or stocking stuffer.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 wooden lollipop or craft sticks
- Plastic wrap
- Red and green ribbons
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, coffee, corn syrup, cocoa and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage), about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Immediately stir in vanilla, then pour into a greased 2-cup heat-proof glass measuring cup. Working quickly, pour tablespoonfuls into circles on a greased baking sheet and lay a stick in each circle. Allow to cool until hardened. When cooled, wrap with plastic wrap and tie with ribbon. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Coffee Stirrer Sticks in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p45
Reviews for Coffee Stirrer Sticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2014
"These were too complicated and were too sticky."