Coffee Shortbread Recipe
You'll be remembered for these cookies when you serve them for a morning coffee or at a gathering. Melted chips drizzled on top make them look fancy, but they're so easy to make. —Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars, coffee granules and salt until light and fluffy; gradually beat flour into creamed mixture.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-in. cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake 20-22 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Repeat with baking chips and remaining shortening. Drizzle over cookies; refrigerate until set. Store between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 137 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC