Coffee Shortbread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips, melted
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and coffee granules until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-in. to 3-in. cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 20-22 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Drizzle with melted chips. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Coffee Shortbread(9)
Sort By :
The coffee flavor can be intense - I think it depends on what kind of instant coffee you use. I had some Starbucks on hand, which is usually strong. The chocolate drizzle was terrific as a balance to the coffee taste. I brought the whole batch to work and came back later in the day to an empty container and many compliments.
these were good
These cookies have a nice coffee flavor for all you coffee lovers out there. I think the chocolate drizzle is a must as they can be a bit intense with out that sweetness to balance the coffee flavor.
I found them to be rather bland. The chocolate drizzle made them difficult to layer for storage without smearing and perhaps needed a firmer hand to make a pretty drizzle. I ended up dipping them. They did cut nicely with cookie cutters and I found that they kept their shape, so I used small ones and they do look nice sitting on a saucer with a cup on it. They weren't particularly rich as I would have expected shortbread to be.
This recipe looks soooo good! I can't wait to try it. Anything with coffee interests me.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Desserts >