Coffee Shortbread Recipe
"You'll be remembered for these cookies when you serve them for a morning coffee or at a gathering," predicts Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois. "Melted chips drizzled on top make them look fancy, but they're so easy to make."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips, melted
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and coffee granules until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-in. to 3-in. cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 20-22 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Drizzle with melted chips. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Coffee Shortbread in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p18
Reviews for Coffee Shortbread(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >