- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white baking chips, melted
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and coffee granules until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-in. to 3-in. cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 20-22 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Drizzle with melted chips. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Coffee Shortbread
Sort By :
"I really liked this recipe for many reasons--the dough was very easy to make, it rolled and cut beautifully without prior chilling, and they tasted delicious. I let the icing firm up completely before placing them in a freezer container and freezing them for an upcoming meeting where I want to serve an assortment of cookies. I, of course, had to taste one and once I did I knew I would be making these cookies often!"
"Excellent cookie !! It's definitely a keeper for my Christmas baking!!"
"The coffee flavor can be intense - I think it depends on what kind of instant coffee you use. I had some Starbucks on hand, which is usually strong. The chocolate drizzle was terrific as a balance to the coffee taste. I brought the whole batch to work and came back later in the day to an empty container and many compliments."
"these were good"
"These cookies have a nice coffee flavor for all you coffee lovers out there. I think the chocolate drizzle is a must as they can be a bit intense with out that sweetness to balance the coffee flavor."