- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white baking chips, melted
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and coffee granules until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-in. to 3-in. cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 20-22 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Drizzle with melted chips. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Coffee Shortbread
Sort By :
"The coffee flavor can be intense - I think it depends on what kind of instant coffee you use. I had some Starbucks on hand, which is usually strong. The chocolate drizzle was terrific as a balance to the coffee taste. I brought the whole batch to work and came back later in the day to an empty container and many compliments."
"these were good"
"These cookies have a nice coffee flavor for all you coffee lovers out there. I think the chocolate drizzle is a must as they can be a bit intense with out that sweetness to balance the coffee flavor."
"I found them to be rather bland. The chocolate drizzle made them difficult to layer for storage without smearing and perhaps needed a firmer hand to make a pretty drizzle. I ended up dipping them. They did cut nicely with cookie cutters and I found that they kept their shape, so I used small ones and they do look nice sitting on a saucer with a cup on it. They weren't particularly rich as I would have expected shortbread to be."
"This recipe looks soooo good! I can't wait to try it. Anything with coffee interests me."