Coffee Shop Fudge
This recipe is one that my son, Jackson, and I worked on together. After several efforts, we decided this version was a winner. It is smooth, creamy and has an irresistible crunch from pecans. The coffee and cinnamon blend nicely to provide subtle flavor.
-Beth Osborne Skinner, Bristol, Tennessee
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and butter the foil; set aside.
- Place pecans in a microwave-safe pie plate. Microwave, uncovered, on
- high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute; set aside.
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, milk,
- coffee, cinnamon and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1
- minute. Stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla and pecans. Immediately
- spread into the prepared pan.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Remove from pan; cut
- into 1-in. squares. Cover and store at room temperature
- (70°-80°). Yield: 2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 ounces) equals 311 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.