Coffee Shop Corn Muffins
Clare Masyada of Woodbridge, New Jersey reports, "These are so quick to stir up, and they bake in just 15 minutes! They come out oh-so-tender but don't crumble like many corn muffins do."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugars, baking soda and salt. In
- another bowl, beat egg, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined
- muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes
- or until muffins test done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before
- removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 270 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.