Coffee Ripple Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, sugars, coffee granules and cinnamon; set aside. For cake, in a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in water; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the sour cream, applesauce, buttermilk, vanilla and coffee. Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture and mix well.
- 3. Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with walnut mixture. Top with remaining batter.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 475 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Coffee Ripple Coffee Cake
"Since daughter doesn't like the smell or taste of coffee, I tried to camouflage the coffee with 2 T. cocoa in the batter. I left off the coffee glaze."
"this is the best. my kids love them."