- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, sugars, coffee granules and cinnamon; set aside. For cake, in a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in water; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the sour cream, applesauce, buttermilk, vanilla and coffee. Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture and mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with walnut mixture. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Coffee Ripple Coffee Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p13
Reviews for Coffee Ripple Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2012
"this is the best. my kids love them."