Coffee Raisin Bread Recipe
"This bread brings back memories of Easter mornings when I was a child and enjoyed toasted hot cross buns," pens Lois Head of Portland, Oregon.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 3 hours YIELD:16 servings
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon plus 3 cups bread flour, divided
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. Toss raisins with 1 tablespoon flour; set aside. In bread machine pan, place the coffee, oil, egg, salt, sugar, spices, yeast and remaining flour in order suggested by the manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 3. Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the raisins. Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 136 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC