"This bread brings back memories of Easter mornings when I was a child and enjoyed toasted hot cross buns," pens Lois Head of Portland, Oregon.
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon plus 3 cups bread flour, divided
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Toss raisins with 1 tablespoon flour; set aside. In bread machine pan, place the coffee, oil, egg, salt, sugar, spices, yeast and remaining flour in order suggested by the manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the raisins. Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Coffee Raisin Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p59
Reviews for Coffee Raisin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review