- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon plus 3 cups bread flour, divided
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Toss raisins with 1 tablespoon flour; set aside. In bread machine pan, place the coffee, oil, egg, salt, sugar, spices, yeast and remaining flour in order suggested by the manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the raisins. Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Reviews for Coffee Raisin Bread(3)
Sort By :
My husband LIKES this bread!!! Actually, he seems to LOVE it, which is a miracle since he has always been a 1950's Wonder Bread type guy and views any whole wheat or dark-colored bread with suspicion, LOL - and the coffee makes this bread a deep color. I made the dough in my bread machine, then shaped it into a boule and let it rise in my banneton, Result: a very pretty round loaf. When I slice it for the toaster, I keep sniffing it because it smells so old-fashioned and comforting, somehow...and soooo luscious - but I may never get to actually EAT any because hubby is devouring it. He just asked if he could toast a few slices up for a night-time snack and said how GOOD it is! This one is definitely a KEEPER.... I'll be making Coffee Raisin Bread again and again! Thanks so much for posting this recipe!
How would you make this recipe without the assistance of a bread machine?
Awesome bread recipe, my husband's favourite! Good with cheese.