Coffee-Pecan Marshmallows Recipe
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup plus 3/4 cup cold water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1. Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large metal bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup water; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, coffee granules and remaining water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat and gradually add to gelatin. Beat on high speed until mixture is thick and the volume doubles, about 10 minutes. Spread into prepared pan. Cover and cool at room temperature for 6 hours or overnight.
- 4. Sprinkle cutting board lightly with pecans. Using foil, lift candy out of pan; invert onto the cutting board. Cut into 1-in. squares; roll in pecans. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
1 each: 45 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch.
Reviews for Coffee-Pecan Marshmallows
"I make marshmallows regularly and didn't care for this recipe at all. I think the thought of coffee-flavored marshmallows is better than the reality of them."
"have not been able to find it on your site"