Coffee-Pecan Marshmallows Recipe
Homemade marshmallows are extraordinary and bear no resemblance to the store-bought variety. These will soon become your signature Christmas candy!Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup plus 3/4 cup cold water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup ground pecans
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- In a large metal bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup water; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, coffee granules and remaining water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat and gradually add to gelatin. Beat on high speed until mixture is thick and the volume doubles, about 10 minutes. Spread into prepared pan. Cover and cool at room temperature for 6 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle cutting board lightly with pecans. Using foil, lift candy out of pan; invert onto the cutting board. Cut into 1-in. squares; roll in pecans. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Coffee-Pecan Marshmallows in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p122
Reviews for Coffee-Pecan Marshmallows(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2011
I make marshmallows regularly and didn't care for this recipe at all. I think the thought of coffee-flavored marshmallows is better than the reality of them.
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2010
have not been able to find it on your site
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Candy >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >