Coffee-Nut Muffins Recipe
“There’s nothing like a great cup of coffee and one of these moist muffins to go along with it. They’re great for brunch, dessert or coffee breaks.” —Darla Germaux, Saxton, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon strong brewed coffee
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine coffee and espresso powder; cool to room temperature. Stir in oil and egg. Add coffee mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in the walnuts, raisins and dates.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the tops. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. Combine confectioners' sugar and coffee; drizzle over muffins. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 muffin equals 565 calories, 26 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 560 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC