Coffee-Nut Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon strong brewed coffee
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine coffee and espresso powder; cool to room temperature. Stir in oil and egg. Add coffee mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in the walnuts, raisins and dates.
- Fill greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the tops. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and coffee; drizzle over muffins. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Coffee-Nut Muffins(4)
Sort By :
Absolutely wonderful flavor! A must try for all of you.
I make these muffins for my husband. He has 2 every morning with his coffee. They're the BEST muffins!!!
These muffins have a very nice moist texture, but the taste was only good not great). And, if I'm going to go to the extra work of brewing strong coffee and adding a sprinkle topping PLUS glaze, the end result needs to be excellent to make the extra work worthwhile. Too much work for me for the end result. A couple of my children also thought that there was too much coffee taste (though I have a cappucino muffin recipe with just as much coffee that they like) or that it'd be better without raisins.