Coffee Mousse Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 cups plus 4 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- Additional coffee granules, crushed
- 1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 2 minutes. In a small saucepan, dissolve coffee granules in boiling water. Add gelatin mixture; cook and stir just until gelatin is dissolved (do not boil).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar substitute. Add ice cubes; stir until ice is melted and mixture begins to thicken. Transfer to a large bowl; add 2/3 cup whipped topping. Beat until blended. Fold in 1-1/3 cups whipped topping.
- 3. Spoon into four individual serving dishes; top each with 1 tablespoon whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, dust with crushed coffee granules. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 101 calories, 5 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Coffee Mousse
"This dessert is great - Especially for diabetics. It's light and not too sweet. The consistency is very good. Next time I make it I think I'm going to sprinkle some dark chocolate shavings on top of each cup. It will really give it a nice finish."