Coffee-Molasses Marinated Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining coffee mixture until ready to cook.
- 2. For glaze, place remaining coffee mixture in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Spoon glaze over chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons glaze equals 370 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.