Coffee-Molasses Marinated Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining coffee mixture until ready to cook.
- For glaze, place remaining coffee mixture in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Spoon glaze over chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Coffee-Molasses Marinated Pork Chops(24)
Sort By :
Very bland. We took left over chops and added BBQ sauce.
No one in my family really cares for pork chops, so we tried it with chicken. Not the best. It was bland and generally lacked flavor. That may just be because of the chicken, but we probably won't make this again.
We love this recipe. I add more molasses than it calls for and it helps cut any bitter coffee aftertaste.
This pork is fantastic! I recommend marinating all day. Wonderful flavor!
I didn't have a grill available, so used the broiler. Fantastic! I couldn't believe how moist the chops were. Will definitely make this one again!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >