Coffee Marinated Steak Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 1. In a small skillet, toast sesame seeds in butter. Add onion and garlic; saute until tender. In a large bowl, combine the coffee, soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and sesame seed mixture.
- 2. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Warm reserved marinade; serve with steak. Yield: 6 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 307 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1972mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0g fiber), 37g protein .
Reviews for Coffee Marinated Steak
"I made this recipe the 1st time 3 years ago when it came out in a Picnic and potluck special edition. Love it. It has become the family favorite now and we always have requests for it. We've even had it for Christmas dinner with Lobster. We use a Flat Iron steak and slice after cooking. If there are leftovers we have the next day with sauteed onions and green peppers on a sub roll with melted provolone cheese. Love it that way also."
"This was a really easy marinade to make and the steak was very flavorful. I tasted mostly the soy sauce and not so much the coffee. The steak was juicy and really infused with flavor."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.