Coffee Marinated Steak
My dad-a big steak lovergot this recipe form a friend, and now we never eat steak without using this marinade. It makes the meat so juicy and adds a great flavor.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- In a small skillet, toast sesame seeds in butter. Add onion and
- garlic; saute until tender. In a large bowl, combine the coffee, soy
- sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and sesame seed mixture.
- Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag
- and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning
- occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill steak, covered, over
- medium-hot heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Warm reserved
- marinade; serve with steak. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet