- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine egg, espresso powder and maple flavoring; beat into creamed mixture. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 7-8 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coffee Maple Spritz in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p40
Reviews for Coffee Maple Spritz
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review