Coffee Mallow Pie Recipe
Field editor Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas hints,"This terrific pie holds up well in the refrigerator overnight."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- Additional whipped cream and chocolate curls, optional
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, bring water to a boil; stir in coffee until dissolved. Reduce heat; add marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- 2. Set saucepan in ice and whisk mixture constantly until cooled. Fold in whipped cream; spoon into pastry shell. Sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 363 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC