Field editor Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas hints,"This terrific pie holds up well in the refrigerator overnight."
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- Additional whipped cream and chocolate curls, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, bring water to a boil; stir in coffee until dissolved. Reduce heat; add marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Set saucepan in ice and whisk mixture constantly until cooled. Fold in whipped cream; spoon into pastry shell. Sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Coffee Mallow Pie in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p67
Reviews for Coffee Mallow Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2013
"I've made this many times. If you like coffee you'll love this pie."