Coffee Lover's Dessert
THIS recipe caught my mother's eye back in 1925. It appeared in the local newspaper published in Jamaica, New York. Dad bought a paper every day so he could read while commuting on the El train.
It quickly became my brothers' and my favorite dessert.
-Louise Stuhr, Chatham, New Jersey
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 to 12 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a heavy saucepan, combine marshmallows and coffee; cook and stir
- over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat and cool to room
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into individual dessert dishes. Chill.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 321 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.