Coffee Ice Cream
I COMBINED two recipes - one for vanilla ice cream and the other for a special coffee sauce - to create this one.
I serve it plain, just scooped into a dessert dish, so the mild, creamy coffee flavor can be enjoyed to the fullest.
-Theresa Hansen, Pensacola, Florida
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, coffee and butter
- until blended. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat;
- stir in vanilla. Cool completely. Stir in condensed milk.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into milk
- mixture. Pour into a 9-in. pan. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or
- until firm. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 292 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.