I COMBINED two recipes - one for vanilla ice cream and the other for a special coffee sauce - to create this one. I serve it plain, just scooped into a dessert dish, so the mild, creamy coffee flavor can be enjoyed to the fullest. -Theresa Hansen, Pensacola, Florida
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, coffee and butter until blended. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. Stir in condensed milk.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into milk mixture. Pour into a 9-in. pan. Cover and freeze 6 hours or until firm. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Coffee Ice Cream in Reminisce May/June 2000, p45
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coffee Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review