Not only does this make-ahead dessert go over big with company, but it calls for only four ingredients. If you can't find coffee-flavored ice cream, dissolve instant coffee granules in warm water and stir into vanilla ice cream.
Recommended: 16 Coffee Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- 1 cup chocolate-covered English toffee bits or 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed, divided
- 1/2 gallon coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Place ladyfingers around the edge of a 9-in. springform pan. Line the bottom of the pan with remaining ladyfingers. Stir 1/2 cup toffee bits into the ice cream; spoon into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze overnight or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Garnish with the whipped topping and remaining toffee bits. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Coffee Ice Cream Torte in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p29
Reviews forCoffee Ice Cream Torte
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2016
"Loved this recipe and not a problem finding coffee ice cream - my family even wants it for breakfast because it is coffee flavored. Fun to make too"