Cherron Nagel of Columbus, Ohio stirs mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips and crushed sandwich cookies into coffee ice cream to create this irresistible frozen dessert. The fancy look is a snap to achieve by pulling a toothpick through lines of ice cream topping.
- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 pints coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Additional cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups crushed cookies and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, marshmallows, chocolate chips and remaining crushed cookies. Spoon into crust. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Spread whipped topping over pie. Alternately pipe thin lines of caramel topping and chocolate topping over pie; gently pull a toothpick or sharp knife through lines in one direction.
- Cover and freeze overnight. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with cookies if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Coffee Ice Cream Pie in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p25
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coffee Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review