- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses, egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, spices and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into rounded tablespoonfuls; roll in remaining sugar. Place 2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to set. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, cream and coffee granules until blended; drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set.
- Freeze option: Freeze shaped balls of dough on baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, roll balls in remaining sugar. Bake and decorate cookies as directed, increasing time by 1-2 minutes. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forCoffee-Glazed Molasses Cookies
"These sound like an unusual combination, but they are DELICIOUS! My family raved about this recipe and asks me to make them every Christmas!"