Coffee-Crusted Prime Rib Recipe
The secret to this rib roast from the Taste of Home Test Kitchen is in the coffee rub. Allowing the rub to penetrate overnight heightens the flavor.
- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups soaked wood chips, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Tie the roast at 1-1/2- to 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Rub seasonings over roast; cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove roast from refrigerator 1 hour before grilling; brush with oil.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan, adding half the wood chips if desired. Place roast over drip pan and grill, covered, over medium-low indirect heat for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), adding remaining wood chips after 1 hour. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Coffee-Crusted Prime Rib in Backyard Living July/August 2006, p59
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Coffee-Crusted Prime Rib(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Ribs >
- Grilling Recipes >