Coffee-Crusted Prime Rib Recipe
- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups soaked wood chips, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Tie the roast at 1-1/2- to 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Rub seasonings over roast; cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove roast from refrigerator 1 hour before grilling; brush with oil.
- 3. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan, adding half the wood chips if desired. Place roast over drip pan and grill, covered, over medium-low indirect heat for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), adding remaining wood chips after 1 hour. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
4 ounces cooked beef: 354 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Coffee-Crusted Prime Rib
"Only regret i had was we ran out of beef! It was tasty!!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.