Coffee-Crusted Prime Rib Recipe
The secret to this rib roast from the Taste of Home Test Kitchen is in the coffee rub. Allowing the rub to penetrate overnight heightens the flavor.
- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups soaked wood chips, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Tie the roast at 1-1/2- to 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Rub seasonings over roast; cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove roast from refrigerator 1 hour before grilling; brush with oil.
- 3. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan, adding half the wood chips if desired. Place roast over drip pan and grill, covered, over medium-low indirect heat for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), adding remaining wood chips after 1 hour. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
4 ounces cooked beef: 354 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Coffee-Crusted Prime Rib
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC