Here's a special dessert for two. Crispy tortilla bowls hold creamy coffee-flavored pudding topped with a mix of colorful fresh berries. Amber Zurbrugg of Alliance, Ohio shared the recipe.
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 5 tablespoons instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter. Gently press each into a 10-oz. custard cup, buttered side up; pleat edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream and coffee granules until dissolved. Add pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Spoon into tortilla cups. Top with berries. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Coffee Cream Tortilla Cups in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coffee Cream Tortilla Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review