Coffee Chip Cookies Recipe
"My daughter loves the subtle coffee flavor in these soft cookies," says Maurane Ramsey of Fort Wayne, Indiana. "Now that she's away at college, I send her goody boxes with these freshly baked treats inside. The recipe makes plenty for her to share with her friends."
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine water and coffee; set aside. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee. Stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden around the edges. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 410 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Coffee Chip Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC