- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add mace if
- desired. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk
- the egg, milk and vanilla; stir into crumb mixture just until
- moistened. Spoon into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water
- until smooth. Add raspberries and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over batter; cut
- through with a knife to swirl.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until
- crumbly. Sprinkle over batter; top with nuts. Bake at 350° for
- 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 519 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 502 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.