Coffee Cake Ring
The glaze on this delicious coffee cake makes is wonderful to serve at any get-together.—Jenny Reece, Lowry, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 15-in. x
- 12-in. rectangle. Spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. (If
- using Fruity Cream Cheese Filling, spread with cream cheese mixture;
- set jam aside.) Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long
- side; pinch seam to seal. place, seam side down, on a greased 12-in.
- pizza pan; pinch ends together to form a ring. With scissors, cut
- from outside edge two-thirds of the way toward center of the ring at
- 1-1/2-in. intervals (see photos below right). Separate pieces;
- slightly twist to show filling. Cover and let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 45 minutes. (If using Fruity Cream Cheese
- Filling, place 1 teaspoon of jam in the center of each slice.) Bake
- at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan
- to a wire rack to cool.
- For glaze, combine sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve