Coffee Cake Muffins Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into paper-lined muffin cups. Top each with 1 teaspoon nut mixture and about 2 tablespoons batter. Sprinkle with the remaining nut mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; spoon over muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Coffee Cake Muffins
Sort By :
"These muffins are fabulous. Everyone just loves them. I make them at least once a month. I sub the pecans with walnuts because I usually bake with them. I also sometimes do almond flavoring. They are the best!!"
"These are tasty. They even look like coffee cake inside. Will definitely make again."
"These are a hit with my family. I too put the dry ingredients ready the night before. I use chopped walnuts since some people in my family do not like pecans. These do not last long in my house when I make them. Your house will smell so good when you make these. Perfect for a Saturday/Sunday . I have made this many times, and everyone loves them! The do not last long."
"These were excellent. I put together different ingredients in separate bowls the night before (except for wet) and the next morning it went together easily. I used walnuts because I had no pecans, but it was still DELICIOUS."
"My kids enjoyed these and I found them to be moist but I thought they needed something. Not sure what exactly, maybe vanilla extract in the batter next time."