Coffee Cake Muffins Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into paper-lined muffin cups. Top each with 1 teaspoon nut mixture and about 2 tablespoons batter. Sprinkle with the remaining nut mixture.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; spoon over muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 214 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Coffee Cake Muffins
"These muffins are fabulous. Everyone just loves them. I make them at least once a month. I sub the pecans with walnuts because I usually bake with them. I also sometimes do almond flavoring. They are the best!!"
"These are tasty. They even look like coffee cake inside. Will definitely make again."
"These are a hit with my family. I too put the dry ingredients ready the night before. I use chopped walnuts since some people in my family do not like pecans. These do not last long in my house when I make them. Your house will smell so good when you make these. Perfect for a Saturday/Sunday . I have made this many times, and everyone loves them! The do not last long."
"These were excellent. I put together different ingredients in separate bowls the night before (except for wet) and the next morning it went together easily. I used walnuts because I had no pecans, but it was still DELICIOUS."
"My kids enjoyed these and I found them to be moist but I thought they needed something. Not sure what exactly, maybe vanilla extract in the batter next time."
"i combined all ingredients together, moist, tasty. i put a small amount of glaze on them. i thought they were yummy"
"I should have waited to review. Tried the second batch at a lower tep and they were delicious. Will definitely make again."
"I have a old oven, but these were very overdone. I am going to try again for about 16 minutes."
"Quick and easy to make. The family loved them!"
"My family loved these muffins and I made them in 6 muffin pan and they were large and great yummy!"