- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Transfer to a 1-qt. resealable plastic bag. In a snack-size plastic bag, combine brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon. Store bags in a cool dry place or in freezer up to 3 months.
- To prepare muffins: Preheat oven to 350°. Place flour mixture in a large bowl. Cut in shortening until crumbly. In a small bowl, whisk egg and milk until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar mixture with melted butter.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Coffee Cake Muffin Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p185
Reviews for Coffee Cake Muffin Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review