Coffee Bean Bark Recipe
Chocolate-coated coffee beans add a yummy crunch to this pretty two-toned bark. We assure that coffee-lovers won’t be able to resist pieces of the chocolaty candy treat.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped coffee beans, divided
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, coffee granules and remaining butter. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in 1/3 cup coffee beans. Pour into prepared pan. Chill until firm.
- 2. In a microwave, melt vanilla chips; stir until smooth. Stir in remaining coffee beans. Spread over chocolate layer. Chill until firm. Break into pieces. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
1 ounce equals 142 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC