Coffee Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Brewed coffee and instant coffee granules add rich color and depth to this sweet-and-sour sauce. It’s wonderful spooned over grilled chicken or pork chops. —Julia Bushree, Georgetown, Texas
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes or until desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 55 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC