Coffee Angel Food Cake Recipe
Here's an easy way to dress up a plain angel food cake mix. It tastes especially good after a heavy dinner.—Carol Brown, Clyde, Texas
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve coffee in water; add cake mix. Mix, bake and cool as directed on package.
- 2. For frosting, cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Dissolve coffee in milk; add to the creamed mixture and beat until smooth.
- 3. Run a knife around sides and center of tube pan. Remove cake to serving plate; frost the top and sides of cake. Garnish with almonds. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 286 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Coffee Angel Food Cake
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2012
"I doubled the coffee. No coffee flavor."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC