Coffee Angel Food Cake
Here's an easy way to dress up a plain angel food cake mix. It tastes especially good after a heavy dinner.—Carol Brown, Clyde, Texas
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, dissolve coffee in water; add cake mix. Mix, bake
- and cool as directed on package.
- For frosting, cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Dissolve coffee
- in milk; add to the creamed mixture and beat until smooth.
- Run a knife around sides and center of tube pan. Remove cake to
- serving plate; frost the top and sides of cake. Garnish with
- almonds. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 286 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.