Coffee Angel Food Cake Recipe
Here's an easy way to dress up a plain angel food cake mix. It tastes especially good after a heavy dinner.—Carol Brown, Clyde, Texas
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve coffee in water; add cake mix. Mix, bake and cool as directed on package.
- 2. For frosting, cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Dissolve coffee in milk; add to the creamed mixture and beat until smooth.
- 3. Run a knife around sides and center of tube pan. Remove cake to serving plate; frost the top and sides of cake. Garnish with almonds. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 286 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC