Here's an easy way to dress up a plain angel food cake mix. It tastes especially good after a heavy dinner.—Carol Brown, Clyde, Texas
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, dissolve coffee in water; add cake mix. Mix, bake and cool as directed on package.
- For frosting, cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Dissolve coffee in milk; add to the creamed mixture and beat until smooth.
- Run a knife around sides and center of tube pan. Remove cake to serving plate; frost the top and sides of cake. Garnish with almonds. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Coffee Angel Food Cake in Country Woman May/June 1996, p35
Reviews for Coffee Angel Food Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2012
"I doubled the coffee. No coffee flavor."