Coffee Almond Floats
I experimented until I came up with a replica of my favorite coffeehouse drink. Served in a fancy glass with a maraschino cherry on top, it's an impressive beverage.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a small pitcher, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. Add the
- milk, brown sugar and extract. Place a scoop of ice cream in each of
- two chilled glasses; pour coffee mixture over top. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 314 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 11 g protein.