The blend of coffee, cinnamon and toasted almonds has made these cookies a favorite for over 50 years. These crispy treats make good coffee "dunking" cookies.
Featured In: 28 Apple Recipes to Make in a 13x9 Pan
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, room temperature
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in coffee. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Combine sugar and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over cookies. Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Coffee Almond Crisps in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p42
Reviews for Coffee Almond Crisps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review